I am just back from a visit to Maui, Hawaii, where I attended a men’s conference. Aside from that, I met friends and a dear Human Design colleague. The subject of the US election came up, and I thought it could be interesting to have a look at the candidates, and at their relationship, through the lens of Human Design. Enmity is a form of relationship too, and from their combined Charts one could even say that Hillary and Donald have a soft spot for each other.
Looking at their Charts, we see many things they have in common.
Here are some
• They are about the same age, around 70. So they have seen something of life. What they have learned is another matter.
• Both have a 1/3 Personality Profile. On their search for fulfillment, 1/3s go through many experiences in life, and are always open to try something new. They are innovative, self-oriented (sometimes self-obsessed), and they are ready to do anything that they think will give them a sense of security. It’s a marked contrast to the reflective, laid-back style of Barack Obama.
• Both are the Manifesting Generator Type. Their life energy connects to the Throat, the center of expression and manifestation. They want to have an effect in the world, and they will give their full energy to achieve it. Their health depends on the degree they can pause before starting something new, and listen to their gut feeling. If there is a ‘yes’ there, they are good to go. If they push themselves in spite of a ‘no’ from their belly, they will exhaust themselves. At their age this is no kids’ play, it matters.
• Both can argue. Their Mind Center connects to the Throat. With his type of connection, the Channel of the Organizer, Trump can reason that the sky is green and people will believe it. The next day he may say the sky is orange – 1/3s can change their mind like they change their clothes – and people will tend to follow his new argumentation because it seems logical and because of the will power (defined Heart Center) he exudes. Hillary Clinton has a different style. She will say ‘I lead, because..’ and then give reasons why we should follow her. If she would be familiar with Human Design, she would know that she cannot demand people to fall in with her. It depends on their agreement.
• With 1/3s it can be hard to know what they stand for. Both Hillary and Donald have an open Crown Center. That means their source of inspiration can vary. They get new insights from their surroundings. For us, the public, it can be unsettling. Do these guys have any principles?
Here are some traits typical to each candidate
• Clinton has her Uranus on Trump’s Sun and North Node in Gate 12, she can make him doubt himself.
• Trump is the tribal chief, demanding obedience. He will favor you as long as you say yes to him; a ‘no’ means you are no longer part of his clan.
• Trump’s Channel of Reproduction (6-59) makes him attractive. When he enters the room, women will turn their head. It is not only his fame and money, which let him get away with his behavior (which comes from an immature 6th line in Gate 59, sometimes called the one-night stand) in many cases. Someone, man or woman, who has this Channel, beams out: I am good to reproduce with. On an unconscious level this affects us.
• Clinton has a mission she does not speak about; she wants to bring new structures into the world. She will also tend to say: ‘Look at my acts, they speak for themselves’.
What each could like in the other but will not admit
• From their Charts, Donald could be impressed by Hillary’s effectiveness (her 20-34 Channel of Being Busy gets things done in an orderly manner), while his raw emotional power and strength of will could fascinate her.
• Hillary’s Self Center is defined. She has a sense of purpose, which Donald lacks. He fills his life with outer things that demonstrate status, in the hope that this defines who he is. Hillary has ‘the real thing’.
• Hillary can feel his hidden generosity (Jupiter in Gate 57).
• The similarities in their Charts give them an intuitive understanding of each other. They feel they are on the same playing field.
A final remark
An American friend told me that Hillary’s daughter Chelsea and Donald’s daughter Ilana are friends, showing that these families live in the same social sphere. Perhaps these two could run for president? That might generate a friendlier political climate in the country.
I hope you have enjoyed this short expose. There is much more to say about them; every relationship Chart is a treasure trove of understanding, of each person and of the dynamics between them.
If you feel to have a personal or a relationship Chart, which can be between partners, family members, friends or people you work with, contact me.
The benefit can be enormous.